O God, throughout the ages you have called women and men to pursue lives of perfect charity through the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience. During this Year of Consecrated Life, we give you thanks for these courageous witnesses of Faith and models of inspiration. Their pursuit of holy lives teaches us to make a more perfect offering of ourselves to you. Continue to enrich your Church by calling forth sons and daughters who, having found the pearl of great price, treasure the Kingdom of Heaven above all things. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever.
Last Updated: Friday, 27 March 2015 14:15
KOFORIDUA DIOCESAN MINI-SYNOD (APRIL 9TH – 12TH 2015)
We Synod Fathers and Mothers, having gathered, at the Diocesan Pastoral and Training Centre in Koforidua, from 9th - 12th of April 2015, after an intensive deliberation on the theme“My parish, my diocese;- two years from now in the light of the new evangelization”, do hereby resolve that:
1. Dormant Basic Christian communities (BCC) should be revamped through the help of the Parish Priests, Catechists and devoted lay faithful as facilitators. Where they are not in existence, they should be established immediately.
2. Education on the Eucharist as a prayer should begin by June 30th 2015. The priests are encouraged to celebrate the Mass solemnly in order to have the needed effect on the faithful.
3. The Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) should encourage all church members to own a Bible and to ensure that societies have regular Bible discussions and discussions on the social teachings of the church to hasten the process of the new evangelization.
4. The youth should be regularly assigned roles and responsibilities in the church to make them more active; and when they make mistakes, they should be guided. Meanwhile, the adult are encouraged to always support the youth financially and also be present at youth programs to give them support.
5. All Priests and Religious, in the diocese, are encouraged to be abreast with the use of modern technology but with caution. They should be familiar with current social network such as whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Parishes are encouraged to use these social media to educate their members on current issues.
6. Parishes are encouraged to establish Credit Unions to help individuals save money and to become financially independent. This, when done, should be reported at the next Synod.
7. Parish Financial Committees are hereby charged to educate the parishioners on the financial transactions of the church and to encourage Church members to fulfill their financial obligations to the church.
Last Updated: Friday, 17 April 2015 07:49