ST. PETER CATHOLIC CHURCH, AKROFUFU
P. O. BOX AY 47, ANYINAM
MASS SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY
7:00AM @ Akrofufu
BRIEF HISTORY OF ST. PETER CATHOLIC CHURCH, AKROFUFU
Catholicism in Akrofufu was started in 1942. The birth of the Catholic Church in Akrofufu was through the hard work of the following people: David Kwabena Amoah, Emmanuel Wilson Anoquah, Peter Kwasi Kodua, Noah Kwaku Temeng, Jacob Kwaku Aboagye, Charles Kwabena Darkwa, Albert Kwasi Twumasi, and John Kwasi Affum. All these men were Presbyterians who broke away to establish the Catholic Church.
According to Official documents, the first Baptism was administered by the then Rev. Fr. J.O. Bowers on 8th October, 1942. All the founding fathers including their wives were baptized.
St. Peter Catholic Church Akrofufu, was formally an outstation of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Anyinam. It was formally erected as a Quasi-Parish in 2008 by Most Rev. Joseph Afrifah-Agyekum, Catholic Bishop of Koforidua.
The Quasi Parish has twelve (12) stations. It is predominantly a farming community with few government workers.
Politically, it is under Atiwa District with its district capital being Kwabeng.