NAME OF THE PEOPLE
Akyem Swedru, the Capital of the Akyem Bosome State, was founded by a group which migrated from the current Kokofu area in the Asante Region led by Nana Koragye Ampaw I, and under the protective power of their god, “Katawere”.
According to legend, on their journey to the present site, the god, Katawere, fell down on part of a parcel of land which had been purchased earlier by Nana Bosompem Ntow for their settlement. Although Katawere fell from a height, it did not break. Hence the people acclaimed “Y’asoa Yeduro” and hence shortened to “Soaduro”. Thus, the modern rendition of the name of the town “Akim Swedru” is a corrupted version of the original name “Soaduro” (we have carried and arrived at a final destination).
ADVENT OF CHRISTIANITY
In 1863, when the Katawere cult was at the height of its fame, the Presbyterian Missionaries arrived at Akim Swedru and started converting people to the new religion. The converts were separated from the community, with the creation of Jerusalem (Salem for short).
This generated conflict between the adherents of both religions but the chiefs continued to worship Katawere since it had been their god for many years. The colonial government at that time heard of the conflict, and to promote the new religion remove Katawere to Accra on 12th August 1895. Later, in about 1897, the Methodist Church followed and was allocated land at the spot where Katawere was worshipped. Hence, the name of the road in front of the Methodist Church is called Katawere road.
CATHOLICISM IN AKIM SWEDRU
The seed of Catholicism was sown from 1904 when some indigenes from Akim Swedru, living in other parts of the country, returned to the town. The first was Yaw Bio, who became Peter Afrifa, and his wife and later his son, Solomon Afrifah. In 1906, other converts, namely, W. D. Amankrah and his catechumen wife, Adwoa Fordwuo returned and joined the first group. Raphael Kwame Kyere, who was in Cote d’lvore, also returned to Swedru in 1912, and became a member of the group, thus, these people, with Akosua Biama and Lucy Asiedu, became the founders of St. Andrew Catholic Church at Akyem Swedru.
On the 16th of December 1915, Rev. Fr. Schoen, from Saltpond, celebrated the first official Mass at which 17 people were baptized. The date marks the official introduction of Catholicism to Akim Swedru.
1) Peter Afrifah
2) Ignatius Yeboah
3) John Dukra
4) Matthew Oppon
5) James Efa
6) Barnabas Ossan
7) James Owusu
8) Thomas Donkor
9) Agatha Amankrah
10) Stephen Amankrah
11) Gabriel Amankrah
12) Elizabeth Yeboah
13) Cecilia Owusu
14) Martha Asante
15) Bernard Ossan
16) Peter Afrifah
17) Mary Yeboah
SOME HISTORICAL FACTS AND DATES
1916: Mr. G.D. Wilson was appointed as the first full time official catechist. He started a small school which collapsed after a short period.
1918: Mr. John B. Tandoh, (Kwame Nyame) replaced Mr. Wilson as Acting Catechist. Mr. W.D. Amankrah, the first unofficial catechist, and a founding member, died.
1921: Rev. Bauman took over from Rev. Fr. Schoen in March. Members raised £22 through contributions and a loan, and sent the money to the Bishop at Cape Coast to buy a bell for the Church.
1922: Rev. Fr. Bauman blessed the first marriage in the Church. This was between Paul Enkyi and Catherine Brako on 5th March 1922. The Church bell ordered the previous year was carried from Besease to Swedru by head portage amidst great rejoicing by members.
1924: Rt. Rev. Francis Ignatius Hummel first visited Swedru on 6th February. First confirmation took place on 7th and 8th February. His Lordship promised the appointment of resident Priest.
1925: Mr. J. N. Baffoe (later J. A. K. Baffoe) was appointed the second full time official catechist.
1926: The present Church land acquired. Fr. Bauman presided over the laying of foundation stone of the old Church. Mr. Baffoe directed the construction. The male members molded bricks and fired them while the women carried material and water as well as cook for the workers.
Mr. Baffoe opened a school with 28 pupils, only boys and obtained approval from Government.
1927: Rev. Fr. A. Acker took over the station. His assistant Priest, Frs. Kocks and Vougts visited at regular intervals.
1927: Rt. Rev. E. Haugers who took over from Rev. Fr. Acker visited and confirmed 21 members on 26th April. He promised resident Rev. Sisters.
1928: Roofing of the new Church building was completed on 28th May (within three months). Mr. Jacob Amachie appointed assistant Teacher on 5th June. Church services started in the newly roofed Church building on 28th September. There were no doors or windows. Pews were made of bamboo and on a clay floor.
1929: Mr. James K.A. Baffoe was transferred to Besease on 3rd August 1929, after 4 years of successful work in shepherding the Church here and opening some out-stations. Mr. Jacob Amachie took over as a Catechist/ Teacher in-charge of the station and some out-station Churches, trekking mostly on foot.
1930: St. Cecilia Singing Band started. Mr. James Awuakyi played a leading role until he died in 1976.
1931: A house for the catechist, built near the chapel, was completed on 26th April. Rev. Fr. H. Lehaen took over as visiting Priest from Saltpond. He stayed for one week (up to 31st December, 1931) to supervise clearing of site for building of structures for Rev. Sisters.
1932: Mr. J. E. Quarshie was appointed first Certificated Teacher for the Boys School. Very Rev. H. Paulissen (Papal Legate) visited; later he became Bishop of Kumasi. In December, Rev. Fr. Lehaen arrived from Saltpond to announce appointment of resident Priest.
1933: First High Mass by Fr. Lehaen on New Year’s Day. Vicar General Very Rev. Fr. Strebler and Rev. F. J. Rothoff, General Manager of Catholic Schools, Gold Coast visited to inspect the school and the Church on 24th March. Official letter of appointment of resident priest delivered personally by the Vicar General on 20th Aril.
1933: THE GREAT DAY: On 3rd April, the first resident priest Rev. Fr. H. Van de Ven, accompany by Rev. Fr. Archer, Father Superior of Saltpond arrived at Akyem Swedru. The Church members received him with great joy and jubilation. Outstation members, Omanhene and his elders and the people joined in a grand durbar. The Vicar General arrived in the evening for a grand reception, and returned to Cape Coast the next day.
1933: On 3rd November, two Asafo Companies led by their captains Opanyin Kwame Bempong and Opanyin Kofi Kroo gave written undertaking to Fr. Van de Ven to help build a Clinic, Sisters quarters and Out- Patient Department(O.P.D).
1934: Old Church building plastered under the direction of the new resident priest. Windows and pews were brought. Rt. Rev. (later Most Rev.) W. Porters first visited.
1935: Rev. Fr. G. Pot took over as resident priest and started building the Clinic, Quarters for the Sisters of the clinic, an O.P.D. and dispensary blocks. The construction was under the direction of Rev. Brother John Berchmans. The rectory (Father’s Quarters was also built. The Most Rev. A. Reberi (Papal Nunction) visited.
1937, 25th June: First resident Sisters arrived and the Regional superior came on inspection visit.
1937, 22nd July: Arrival of three Rev. Sisters: Srs. Peter Claver, Gertrude and Anny.
1937, 3rd August: Opening of the Clinic.
1945: The Middle mixed school opened with Government approval in January.
1946: First Kindergarten opened, but closed later.
1947: Girls Primary School started.
1948: Akim Swedru Catholic District separated from Cape Coast Archdiocese and given to the Accra SVD Diocese on 8th May under Rev. T. Endythoven.
1948, 23rd October: First visit of the Bishop of Accra, Rt. Rev. Noser.
1949, 30th December: An Orphanage was started by the sisters with two orphan babies in a structure developed to hold about 70 children.
1950: As part of the Good Friday ceremony, Rev. Fr. Theo Endythoven erected a giant cross on ”Mount (Bepo) Calvary”, a hill overlooking the Church land and the town.
1950: 8th December, first pupil from the school, Rev Jos K. Adams, was ordained Priest at Cape Coast. His was from Ampenyi near Elmina. Parishioners attended in two lorries.
1950, July: Rev Fr. Otto Walters took over as assistant Priest. Catechist J. K. Adei elected to join Holy Year Pilgrims to Rome.
1950: Blessing and Dedication of the Girls Boarding School by Rt. Rev. A. Noser. His Lordship, on the same day celebrated his 25th year anniversary to the Priesthood. Between 1949 and 1951, several S.V.D priests and Brothers took residence to learn Twi or help in some projects.
1951: Miss Mary Animah (who became Mrs. Mary Dei Amoah), then in Middle School, became the first woman from Akyem Swedru to board an aircraft. She was flown from Accra to Kumasi as her prize for winning the first place in Accra Vicariate Competition as part of the National Eucharistic Congress. Rev. Fr. Theo Endythoven, Pastor led a float with some youth showing one of the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary at the Congress Programme.
1952, March: Akim Swedru elected as ecclesiastical seat under the official seal as a Parish from Rt. Rev. Fr. Noser to cover all the outstations within the now Birim North and South Administrative District.
1952: Rev. Otto Walters, now Pastor, re-activated the C.Y.O with complex activities: Boys Fife Bands, Football Team, Table Tennis Team, Net Ball etc. and walled the football field, the first of its kind in the area. Catechist James Kittah received Papal Medal “Beni Merenti” from Bishop A Noser for his outstanding service to the Church.
1952: Sr. Godfreda and Sr. Virginalis of the society of the Holy Spirit (S. S. P. S) took over the headship of the Girls’ Primary and Girls Middle Schools.
1953: The C. Y. O boys Fife Band took part in a grand coronation parade in Accra and won national admiration.
1953: Bishop B. O Bowers first visited Akyem Swedru as a Bishop of Accra Diocese.
1954: Bishop Bowers visited and checked the separation of Oda and some out-stations north of the district from Akim Swedru for Oda to become a main station.
1957: Cutting of sod on Easter Monday to begin the building of a new and a more spacious Church building, which was designed and directed by Rev. O. Walter, pastor in-charge. A benefactor from Brazil provided the funds for the building.
1958: Catechist James Kittah died after short illness. He was buried at Akim Swedru
1959: Blessing and dedication of new Church by His Grace Archbishop J. K. Amisah on 20th November, 1959 (Rt. Rev. J. O. Bowers was then on home leave)
1960: Rev. Fr. O Walters was transferred to Nkawkaw in February.
Ø Sr. Anastasia Kittah took vows in the Order of the Sisters of the Handmaids of the Divine Redeemer (HDR)
1960: Rev. Fr. Gusmos dos Santos appointed as Parish Priest.
1962: Rev. Fr. Frederick Hahn posted to Akyem Swedru.
1964: Sr. Consolata Agyapong, granddaughter of Kate Afrifa whose infant’s baptism gave us the Church became second person from Swedru to take a religious vow.
1963: Rev. Fr. Addy was transferred to Akyem Swedru.
1964: Rev. Fr. Bernard Ato took over and completed the twin towers of the Church.
1965: Rev. Fr. H. Frimpong-Manso, 2nd Pupil from St. Andrew School and a native of Oda ordained to the Holy Priesthood.
1967: Golden Jubilee of the Church (postponed two years for some reasons). A weeklong celebration directed by Fr. B. Ato from December, 8th -17th December.
Ø Catechist Joseph K. Addai, received Papal award “B ene Merenti” at the celebration (native of Swedru and a catechist at Ntronang). St. Andrew Choir was formed.
1970, April 19-20th: Rt. Rev. J. O. Bowers celebrated his 60th birthday at Akyem Swedru. Joined by parishioners of Oda and Ntronang.
1970 August: St. Agatha Girls Boarding School headship was taken up by Ghanaian Sisters of HDR led by Sr. Clara Spencer.
1971: Rev. Frs. Charles, Schnerder and Ankrah took turns as acting Pastors.
1971, 4th April: Andrews Kwadwo Amoah fell from top of tower while working there and died the next day, 5th April, 1971.
1971, 26th April: Kate Kwame (Kate Afrifa), infant founding member of the Church died.
1972, 1st January: The old Church bell dropped from the top of the tower after some 50 years tolling of calling the faithful to worship, breaking into seven pieces.
1973, 2nd January: Rt. Rev. Dominic K. Andoh. D.D. first visited Akyem Swedru as Archbishop of Accra.
1973: Rev. Fr. A. Turbeck took over the Parish.
1974: Sr. Barbara Aidoo, 3rd Sister from Swedru took religious vows.
1975: Present kindergarten was approved by the Government.
1975, February: The Head of State Colonel I. K. Acheampong, visited The Clinic and Orphanage after addressing a grand durbar of Omanhene, chiefs and people at the annual Odwira festival of the Akim Bosome Traditional Area.
1975, 28th December: Blessing of a bigger tower bell by Very Rev. Fr. A. Kretchmer (deputized for the Bishop). Madam Anna Adams of Germany donated the bell, through her daughter, Sister Evamaria S.S.S. the then Head Teacher of The Girls Boarding School.
1976: Golden Jubilee celebration of the Catholic Schools sponsored by the Old Boys/Girls Association.
1977: Rev. Fr. Walter Litchenegger took over and started the ceiling of church.
1978: Catholic Joy singers formed.
1979: The Sacred Heart Sister folded up after 41 years and handed over their Clinic to the Sister of Mary. Fr. Walter Litchenegger fell from the ceiling of the Church, had a fractured hand and pelvic. He was taken to Austria, his home country for treatment and could not return to Missionary work again.
1980: 28th March, Rev. Fr. Casmir Gergont took over as the Parish Priest and completed the ceiling project of the Church.
1980: Sr. Veronica Amponsah took religious vows with the Handmaids of the Divine Redeemer (HDR).
1981, 15th March: Mr. John Asiedu received Papal award “Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice”. His wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Asiedu, a Presbyterian, received Holy Communion from the bishop at mass, under special dispensation. Very Rev. Fr. A. Kretechmer, Acting Parish Priest, directed the service.
1982: Rev. Fr. Sylvester Agyapong was ordained into the Priesthood while five other candidates were ordained into the Diaconate. It was a grand and a historic occasion in the Church history: the Omanhene and all the Christian Churches attended the ceremony with Rt. Rev. D. K. Andoh, officiating. Fr. Agyapong is the first Swedru native and a 3rd pupil from the School to be ordained as a priest.
1983: Sr. Irene Nkrumah took religious vows with HDR.
1985: Sr. Helena Bridget Owusu took her 1st vows.
1986: Beginning of the building for Vocational Technical School to be blessed and dedicated during the Diamond Jubilee celebration as JUVOTEC (Jubilee Vocational Technical School).
1988: Sponsored by Rev. Fr. Casimir (P.P), the choir acted the passion of Christ from Last Supper to the Crucifixion on “Bepo Calvary” on Good Friday. The ceremony was captured on video.
1988: Sisters of Mary folder up after 10 years of service. Sister of the Handmaid of Divine Redeemer (HDR) led by Sr. Barbara took over the Clinic.
4th January, 1989: Maternity home was added to the Clinic. The Sisters of Mary led by Sister Joan got fully involved in the Government Primary Health Care (PHC) programme.
1988: On 23rd July, Rev. M. P.Y. Oppong (of Aperade) was ordained to the Holy Priesthood.
1989: On 23rd July, Rev. C. B. Ahenkorah (of Akim Swedru) was ordained into the Priesthood
1990: Opening of the new maternity block attached to the Catholic Clinic.
Ø Opening of a new Vocation Training Center.
Ø Blessing of Our Lady of Fatima Grotto in Akim Swedru.
1993: Rev. Fr. Casmir Gergont went on transfer and Rev. Fr. Abankwa became the Priest in-charge.
1995: Rev. Fr. Ignatius Amponsah took over as Parish Priest till 2000.
1998: Rehabilitation of Chapel.
Ø Mass wedding of 33 couples in the Parish.
2000: The late Fr. Gregory Afoakwa took over as Priest in-Charge.
2002: St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Society inaugurated in the parish.
2003: The late Rev. Fr. Gregory Afoakwa was confirmed as Parish Priest and assisted by Rev. Fr. Francis Agyeman.
2003: Rev. Fr.gabriel Owusu Frimpong came as an Assistant Priest to 2007
2004: Rev. Fr. Francis Agyeman entered the military.
2007: Rev. Fr. Tordzro came as Assistant Parish Priest.
Ø Rev. Fr. Afoakwa was transferred.
Ø Rev. Fr. Adarkwa became Parish Priest, assisted by Rev. Fr. Michael Nomekevo.
Ø Silver Jubilee Publication for Fr. Agyemang as a Priest.
2008: World Health Day for the sick: Diocesan version held in Akim Swedru and chaired by MP, Owusu Agyapong, Present as guest of honor was Dr. Kwaku Afriyie, Minister of health.
2010: Home coming celebration by St. Agatha Girls Old Students. Special guest of honor was Awura Abena Ahwoi, formal Eastern Regional Director of Education.
2010: Rehabilitation of Mission House.
2011: 1st Anniversary of Akim Swedru St. Andrew Youth Choir given Radio and TV coverage by Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC).
2012: Pastoral visit of H.E. Most Rev. Leon Badikebele Kalinga, the Apostolic Nuncio to Ghana, to Akim Oda and Asamankese Deaneries. Hosted by Akim Swedru St. Andrew Catholic Church on 17th - 19th July 2012. The activities were broadcasted by Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) TV and Radio over the three day period. There was a sod cutting ceremony for a Parish Hall.
2012: 1st Mass celebration by Fr. Alex Asamoah.
2012: Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Gyan Adarkwa was transferred to Ntronang.
Ø Rev. Fr. Christopher Nukunu Deh was appointed as pastor on September 1, together with Rev. Fr. Evans Eric Yaw Yayra Akahoho as assistant.
2012: Bishop George Mazur from Poland, a former assistant priest to Fr. Casimir Gergont in Swedru, visited the parish.
2014: Renovation of Grotto by Mr. Kobby Yebo Okra, Church President.
Ø Rev. Evans Eric Yaw Yayra Akahoho transferred to Akosombo in March.
Ø Achiase St. Mary, erected as Quasi-Parish in March.
Ø Golden Jubilee Celebration of Rev. Sr. Consolata Agyapong as a Religious.
Ø Rev. Fr. Foster Kwaku Asiamah was appointed Assistant Parish Priest.
2014: Launching of the year- long Centenary celebration on November 30th. Theme: Bearing fruit at 100.
2015: Centenary Rosary Pilgrimage to Aduasa.
2015: Public Mass celebrated by Rev. Fr. Foster Kwaku Asiamah at Bebianeha to facilitate the establishment of the Church in the village and to mark the Centenary Celebration.
2017 1st September, Rev. Fr. Innocent Mensah Bismark Kokobealowe, was appointed assistant Priest.
2017 October: Rev. Fr. Foster Kwaku Asaiamah appointed as the Parish Priest.
2019 October, 14th Rev. Fr. Innocent Mensah Bismark Kokobealowe, was taken to Agomanya. And Rev. Fr. James Yeboah was appointed assistant Priest.
INFLUENCE OF CATHOLICISM IN THE AKIM BOSOME TRADITIONAL AREA
The concept of God as the Omnipotent and Omnipresent is part of the traditional system and, therefore, has always been known. However, through the establishment of Churches, preaching of the word of God and the Administration of the various Sacraments, this concept has been broadened among the people of Bosome Traditional Area. The presence of the Catholic Church (and the Presbyterian and Methodist churches) contributed to the widening of the religious scope of the people.
Secondly, morality among the people had been centered on this one God that the Church and the other churches around have been preaching through Jesus Christ. As a result, there are Christian families and God-fearing people in the Bosome Traditional Area.
Adherence of Christianity has also increased and more people have come to accept the Omnipotent God brought to the people in place of the Katawere. Over the years, the Church has produced priests and religious from the local Christian families, developments which have enriched the spiritual life of the people of the area. The relationship of the Catholic Church with the traditional Nananom, Chiefs and people of the Traditional Area and the Local Council of Churches has been very strong and cordial over the years. The influence of the Catholic Church (and the other churches) has contributed to the peace in the town.
Social and Economic Responsibilities
The Church has contributed, in a special way, to the development of Akim Bosome Traditional Area, through the provision of health care facilities, schools and environmental development.
The Catholic Church established a Clinic in the town in 1937, and added Maternity section in 1989. The Clinic became the only supporting Health Facility to the Oda Government Hospital in the then Birim district and now, the only big health care facility in Birim South District.
Belonging to the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) with the Catholic Bishop of Koforidua as the lagal holder, the Clinic continues to provide the much-needed health care to the people of the area.
The Catholic Clinic and Maternity was established based on the ethics and morals of the Church which have as her core business of extending quality but affordable health care to all, especial the poor, needy as well as the marginalized segment in society. These core values operate to differentiate the institution from all other institutions. The values also place premium on respect for human rights, the individuality of the person as well as the purpose of creation.
“Inspired by the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, Catholic Clinic and Maternity is to provide high quality healthcare in the most effective, efficient and innovative manner, specific to the needs of the community in which we serve; through workers with good ethical and moral standards, competent, motivated, and united with the Church, in their common respect for fundamental human dignity”
“To provide holistic healthcare in the most effective, efficient and innovative manner, taking into consideration the dignity of the clients. These services will be carried out in accordance with the Catholic Church’s doctrines and values on healthcare delivery”.
The goal of the institution is “to strengthen and improve the National Catholic Health Service (NCHS) in her ability to provide and sustain healthcare services for the poor and needy, the neglected as well as the marginalized segments in the society.
The services will seek to empower the people it serves to take ownership of their own individual and collective health needs”.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THE INSTITUTION
The institution renders the following services; OPD cases, Maternity, Laboratory, Antenatal clinic (ANC), Post-natal Clinic (PNC), Dispensary as well as Mental Healthcare counseling. The Clinic and the maternity home have offered and continue to offer jobs to citizens of Akyem Swedru and the surrounding areas. A number of the key human resources at the clinic are from the town.
The Church has contributed to the development of formal education in the area since1916 when there was the first attempt to establish a school in the town. Since then, the Catholic Church has established schools from kindergarten through to Senior Technical Vocational Schools. The establishment of St Agatha Girls’ Boarding School in 1949 signaled the importance the Church attached to female education. For a long time, Girls’ Boarding School became an important point for the training and education of girls.
Through its schools, the Catholic Church at Akim Swedru has produced many scholars and eminent citizens for the Akim Bosome Traditional area, Ghana and the world at large.
Since cleanliness is next to Godliness, the Church has taken keen interest in protecting and sustaining the environment through tree planning and beautification. Some of the activities have been planting of trees and maintaining gardens, leading campaigns on clean environments, against bush fire and land degradation in the Akim Bosome Traditional Area.
The Catholic Church introduced trees such as cinnamon at Akyem Swedru. With the trees, the Church developed a serene environment in the Catholic Hill, particularly the area around the Church and the two schools; maintaining a green belt around in its land area which harbours some rare plants.
The Church has also offered services in diverse ways to the people and the area around Akyem Swedru. As part of their religious mission and social responsibility, the Church established an Orhanage in 1949. It operated and offered such valuable service until it closed down. A number of children, who otherwise, would have died, were saved by the orphanage. In fact, the Sisters at Akyem Swedru were known for the work at the Clinic, in the School and the orphanage.
When Rev. Fr. Otto Walters, re-activated the Catholic Youth Organization (C.Y.O.) with series of activities in 1952, the Church opened avenues to young people to nurture and develop their talents. The Akyem Swedru C.Y.O football club was a force to reckon with in the 1950s and 1960s. St. Andrew Boys and St Agatha Girls excelled in Football, Table Tennis and Netball among others. The walling of the football field which was the first of its kind in the area provided a safe and congenial atmosphere for sports.
The Clinic, as a health institution, also reaches out to the community in free health screening, organizing visits and offering prayers to the sick in the community. In particular, during the world Days of the Sick, an annual event on the Catholic Calendar, the Church, in collaboration with other stakeholders and agencies, visit patients in various Clinics and Hospitals to wish them speedy recovery.
Within a century and a half, Akyem Swedru, once the stronghold of the Katawere cult, has become a Christian town. The St Andrew Catholic Church has contributed immensely to this transformation. The planting of the Catholicism 100 years ago has bore fruits. As the Church celebrates her 100th Anniversary, we give thanks to the foresight of the founders, the tenacity of those who followed and the dedication of the current generation.
Rev. Fr. Foster Kwaku Asiamah. Tel. 0242339995/ 0207054748
PAROCHIAL VICAR: Rev. Fr. JameS Yeboah . Tel. 0249586341/0204545318
SCHEDULES OF MASSES
1. Tuesdays – Thursdays: Small Christian Community Masses @ 7:00PM
2. Fridays & Saturdays: Mass at Church Premises @ 6:00AM
3. Sundays: Corpus Christi @ 7:00AM
St. Andrew @ 9:00AM
4. Adoration: First Sunday of Every Month @ 7:00PM
5. Confessions: Saturdays @5:00PM – 6:00PM
6. Grotto Visitation: 3rd Saturday of Every Quarter @9:00PM
Ohɔtewni Andrew – Odɔ (St. Andrew – Love)
Ohɔtewni Andrew – Biakoyɛ (St. Andrew – Unity)
Ohɔtewni Andrew - Asomdwoe nkoa (St. Andrew – All is Peaceful)